Sunday 15 March 2015

No, I'm not moving just to get out of this run

Now, I know how this will seem. I conveniently decided to move one month before the Edinburgh half marathon that I've trained and raised money for, just so I don't have to actually run it. I swear that's not what happened! And, to prove it, I am still going to run those 13.1 miles. Just not here. 

Moments ago, I signed up for the 2015 Mother's Day Half Marathon in Kirkland. It's on May 10th (US Mother's Day) at 7:30am (those Seattleites like to get started EARLY!), giving me a good week and a half to get over the horrendous jet lag that awaits me and two small children and three less weeks to train than if I was here to do the Edinburgh half on May 31st. Guess I better get cracking with some runs!

I have to admit, my training lately has been scattered at best. 'Long' runs have consisted of Margaret and I running 20 minutes out to Portobello Beach, getting a coffee and chocolate croissant at the cute cafe on the promenade (once even a full breakfast!), wolfing it down and then running home. Not sure if that's really the recommended runners diet.

And this afternoon, I was so tired from waking up at 4:30am (Freddie's having nightmares about dogs and hair salons — the subject of an upcoming blog post, I'm sure) that I only managed 25 minutes. That, and the fact that it is still absolutely freezing here. 

So, with this new, earlier deadline, I feel excited and energetic! For those of you who have donated already, a massive THANK YOU. I can't believe how much I've raised (over (£650!!). I have less than £100 left before I reach my goal so let's do this! You can donate here and I promise I won't plan another international move so I can get out of the Kirkland half. 

My last run - I think my face was frozen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...