Friday 24 May 2013

Half marathon training- update!

Well, the half marathon is almost here! The Edinburgh Marathon Festival begins tomorrow and the half marathon is on Sunday. As is always the case with these things, I could have trained more, but I am happy overall with the training that I did.

Freddie and I have more or less kept up our once-a-week run together, I have done another short run during the week by myself and then my sister and training partner (other than Freddie) Margaret and I have done a long run on the weekends. We did just over 12 miles the Saturday before last so I think we're as ready as we'll ever be.

We've decided to be professional about the race and are not going to be bringing our ipods. Just like the elite runners, we'll be focusing on our form and breathing rather than distracting ourselves with T-swift's latest tune. We've also agreed to make note (on our hands) of five interesting stories to tell each other along the way. These can be about friends, coworkers, family, neighbors, friends of friends, TV etc. Anything interesting to get us talking and keep us running!

Freddie and William will have to leave the house at almost the same time as I will on Sunday to ensure they get to the finish line on time. We live right on part of the race route so the road closures will make their journey almost as painful as mine. :) Thinking of them at the finish line will definitely help me through the race though. It's been quite a year with Freddie and I'm excited to be able to say I lost 50+ lbs and ran 13.1 miles one year after having a baby. :) (WOW- that's a lot of poundage.)


6 comments:

  1. Go Char!! I wish my training was as on track as yours! I'll be thinking about you on Sunday - or in my sleep on Sat, rather :) Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!!! So impressed you dropped the baby weight and got back into running!! I need to be more like you =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Good luck on your race--you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea with the stories on your hand. Good luck to you both! Hope Freddie is making you a sign to hold up at the finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone!!! I can't wait for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who Invented Running I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...