Monday 17 December 2012

A successful day?

What makes a day "successful?" Well, I'll tell you this much- what used to constitute a successful day has changed unbelievably since Freddie arrived. I used to think amplifying and labeling a hundred DNA samples made my day a success. Or maybe starting a Western blot, splitting cells and scoring FISH slides (my science friends will know what I'm talking about there!). Now, it's a whole different ball game.

On Thursday last week, I got up, brushed my teeth, made breakfast for William, Freddie and myself, started a load of laundry, rotated the drying laundry (such a necessity as those of you without a dryer will understand), vacuumed the whole flat, put some salmon in the oven AND made a pot of mulled wine (with individual spices- none of that bag of "mulled spices" hogwash). This took 20 minutes.

Yes, I had people coming over later and so I was extra-efficient, but STILL. That is a lot of activities for 7am. This is what Freddie was doing during all that:





The rest of the day included a walk around Holyrood Park, hosting a Christmas party for three moms and their babies and a little Christmas shopping. Now that's what I call a successful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...